Friday, 11 March 2022

A Sweet Mix-up

Written by Sudesna Ghosh


Enjoyable
short story
⭐⭐⭐⭐


Published by Self Published (30 Jan 2019)
Genre Short Story, Romance
Pages 15
ASIN B07N95W3XV



The Backlist Reader Challenge 2022
I downloaded this title in November 2019 because I was looking for something a bit different, and this short story ticked that box.

Sadly, it has been hiding amongst the many other books which I have acquired, and although I have been meaning to read it for some time, I have never actually got around to it, until now.

The #BackListReader Challenge is proving a really useful tool for uncovering hidden treasures.

The blurb:


It's Roopa's mother's birthday and she wants everything to be perfect.

It is Sid's mother's birthday too.

Unfortunately, there's a mix-up that puts Roopa in a bad mood but brings along other surprises for her.

A short and sweet romance set in India.

Short Stories    Romance   


My thoughts:

A Sweet Mix-up is a happy-ending, short story. It’s about a mixed up cake order which results in a romance between the two main characters, Roopa and Sid.

I’m a strong believer in fate, and if your paths are meant to cross, they eventually do. And in this story it seems that had Sid and Roopa not met in the cake shop, they probably would have met shortly afterwards.

The story is beautifully told in a style that transported me to India. However, I thought Roopa, the crazy cake lady, came across as rather sharp in the way she reacted to the mix-up, and was surprised that Sid was not put off by her manner. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this nice little story.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK   Amazon US   Amazon CA   Amazon AU   Amazon IN





Author Bio – Sudesna Ghosh


Sudesna (Sue) Ghosh is an Indian-American author based in Kolkata, India.

She is a graduate of University of Rochester and an animal lover.

When she isn't busy reading or writing, she tries to keep her rescue cats happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment