Wednesday, 22 May 2024

Turbulence:
A Short Story About Life and Death

Written by Tarun Lohani


Thought-provoking ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published (24 Jun. 2019)
Genre Short Story, Philosophy
Pages 33
ASIN B07SNDFV1V
ISBN-10 1075874246
ISBN-13978-1075874246



I downloaded a free copy of this story back in November 2019 and have only just found it hidden amongst my huge TBR pile.

The blurb:


A short story about the unexpected journey during which a young girl rediscovers her relationships & priorities, and starts overcoming her fear of both life and death.

Short Stories    fiction    philosophy    


My thoughts:

A young woman, already successful in her career, is travelling with a colleague to Japan to deliver a presentation. The outcome of this presentation could see her elevated to Vice President. She has done remarkably well in her career but at what cost?

As the plane hits turbulence, and there is a real possibility of the plane crashing, she begins to re-evaluate her priorities.

What a remarkable piece of writing, and while I was reading the unnamed woman's story, I was thinking about my own 'successes' and 'failures' in life. I particularly liked the analogy of a 'satisfied life' being like a recipe which needs certain 'ingredients' in specific quantities, and as each of us is working on our own recipe, those ingredients and quantities are person specific.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon CA     Amazon US     Amazon AU



No comments:

Post a Comment