Sunday, 5 May 2024

The Reading Group: December

Written by Della Parker


⭐⭐⭐⭐


Published by     Quercus (1 Dec. 2016)
Genre Short-stories, Parenting
Pages 17
ASIN B01INGSX60

I downloaded this free e-book in December 2016 when I was getting used to reading on my tablet and never quite got around to reading it. I've done the same with so many titles in my kindle library, but here's hoping I'll start to reduce my TBR list...

The blurb:


Grace knows that the holiday season is going to be different this year. No turkey, no tinsel, no gorgeously wrapped gifts under the tree . . . how on earth is she going to break it to her little boys that Christmas is effectively cancelled? And can she bear to tell anyone her embarrassing secret? Enter the Reading Group: Grace's life might have turned upside down but there's no problem they can't solve.

Meet the Reading Group: No topic is off-limits: books, family, love and loss . . . and don't forget the glass of red!


Short Stories   


My thoughts:

The Reading Group: December is a quick, heart-warming read and obviously a gateway into the full-length novels in this series.

It introduces the reading group characters briefly, and we can see immediately that they are a supportive group of friends as Grace's story unfolds.

I liked the writing style and enjoyed the story and could easily be persuaded to read more.




Purchase from:

Quercus



No comments:

Post a Comment