Saturday, 7 December 2024

Starting Over at Starlight Cottage
Starlight series Book 1

Blog tour header for Starting Over at Starlight Cottage showing tour dates 1st to 7th December 2024

Written by Debbie Viggiano


I loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Unicorn Publishing (1 Dec. 2024)
Genre Contemporary Fiction
Pages 300
ASIN B0DJMS57V1

Having previously enjoyed The Man You Meet in Heaven I was quick to sign up to this blog tour, organised by Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources, for Debbie Viggiano's latest publication
Starting Over at Starlight Cottage.

As always, I begin by thanking the author, Debbie Viggiano, for a free digital copy of Starting Over at Starlight Cottage to review.
Full tour banner showing participating bloggers and tour dates 1st to 7th December 2024

Book cover for the novel Starting Over at Starlight Cottage by Debbie Viggiano

The blurb:

Starting Over at Starlight Cottage

49-year-old Tilly Thomas would never have known any different if she hadn’t unexpectedly turned up at hubby Robin’s office to surprise him with an off-the-cuff evening at the theatre. Instead, the surprise is on Tilly when she interrupts Robin and his young PA in a compromising position.

Stumbling from the office, blinded by tears, Tilly thanks God she was never gifted the children she once craved and is spared explaining why Mummy and Daddy will now be living apart. Instead, Tilly has an adopted daughter – but this little girl has a wet nose and warm heart.

Mongrel Cindy is privy to all her mummy’s hopes and dreams as Tilly prepares to start over in the village of Starlight Croft. Thank goodness a dog can’t speak because Cindy knows things her mistress has never shared, including a secret that once broke Tilly’s heart.

As Tilly prepares to embrace an unknown future and make peace with her past, she discovers that sometimes difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations…


Women's Contemporary Fiction    Romantic Fiction   


My thoughts:

Told in the first person from the perspective of Tilly Thomas, about the end of her marriage and new beginnings, Starting Over at Starlight Cottage is the perfect enemies to lovers trope. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel and will definitely be looking out for the next one in this series now that I have been introduced to some of the residents of the village of Starlight Croft.

I found that I quickly became invested in Tilly's story and enjoyed trying to guess outcomes ahead of the actual plotline. I nearly got there, but my ending was slightly more complicated, and much less plausible.

The sarky comments and terrible jokes throughout added to my enjoyment of this story and I particularly liked that Tilly's conversations with her dog, Cindy, were sometimes not private and in-her-head conversations. This caused me to smile on several occasions, as well as cringe on her behalf as Tilly tries to hide what she is really feeling.

Of the secondary characters, I really liked the local eccentric or psychic - whichever you prefer - Hetty Cartwright. I would love to learn more about her story and contribution to the village and residents of Starlight Croft.

Starting Over at Starlight Cottage is a lovely, well-written story which had me captivated from start to finish. If you enjoy a contemporary romance, this one will pull on your heartstrings and make you smile at the same time.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN




Author Bio – Debbie Viggiano
publicity shot of author Debbie Viggiano

Prior to turning her attention to writing, Debbie Viggiano was, for more years than she cares to remember, a legal secretary.

She lives with her Italian husband, a rescued pooch from Crete, and a very disgruntled cat.

Occasionally her adult children return home bringing her much joy... apart from when they want to raid the fridge or eat her secret stash of chocolate.

Tweet @DebbieViggiano or follow her on Facebook!


Other stories I've read by Debbie Viggiano






No comments:

Post a Comment