Thursday, 23 January 2025

One Day and Forever

Blog tour header for One Day and Forever showing tour dates 10th to 23rd January 2025

Written by Shari Low


Absorbing read ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Boldwood Books (10 Jan. 2025)
Genre Women's Fiction
Pages 323
ASIN B0DDWTYVH8
ISBN-101835184707
ISBN-13978-1835184707
2025 Blog Tour #1

Today I'm taking part in a blog tour for the novel One Day and Forever by Shari Low and once again begin by thanking Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for the invitation to join the tour and Ms Low, her publisher, Boldwood Books and Netgalley for providing me with a free digital copy to review.
Full tour banner showing participating bloggers and tour dates 10th to 23rd January 2025

Book cover for the novel One Day and Forever by Shari Low

The blurb:

One Day and Forever

As dawn breaks, four people are planning journeys that could change their lives forever…

Kara McIntyre is supposed to be jetting off to her destination wedding in Hawaii. However, a last-minute hitch appears to have left her without a job, home and, more importantly, a fiancé.

TV sensation Ollie Chiles and Kara always have each other’s backs. But when his wife goes viral in a compromising clinch with another man, Ollie must choose between supporting his best friend in her hour of need or going home to save his marriage.

Alice Brookes is flying away to a new life after surviving a horrendous marriage and a very public scandal... until a stranger brings a letter from the past that could change everything.

After saying goodbye to someone he loves, Zac Conlan should be heading back to Dublin. Now a shocking discovery is threatening to change his plans and his future.

When weather delays their flights, Kara, Ollie, Alice and Zac discover that storms are brewing… and the turbulence is about to shake their worlds.


Women's Fiction    


My thoughts:

Despite Ms Low having published over 35 books, One Day and Forever is the first one that I've read and I have to say that I very much enjoyed it.

The blurb immediately drew my attention and had me speculating how four people who appeared completely unconnected, apart from being stranded at an airport together, might be more closely associated on further inspection. This already felt like a story that I would very much enjoy delving into.

At the beginning of the book there is a section titled "On This Day We Meet..." which introduces the reader to the characters with an outline of events in their lives leading up to point at which we begin the story. I found this most helpful to get an overview of all the characters at the start and referred back to it a couple of times to refresh my memory because I was reading the story as and when I could over the course of a couple of weeks.

The main characters are Kara, Ollie, Alice and Zac and this story takes us through the day of the 3rd of January 2025 in two hour timeslots from the point of view of each of these characters.

The writing drew me into the story from the very start and I became so engrossed that I could not wait to continue the individual character's thread - Kara in particular - in the next section.

I liked the format of this story and found it full of emotion, likeable and vulnerable characters, with some humour and a happy ending. Not the ending I was expecting, but much more realistic and therefore more satisfying.

I would highly recommend this novel and have added some more novels in Ms Low's "One" series to my wish list.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU    Amazon IN

https://mybook.to/OneDayandForever




Author Bio – Shari Low
publicity shot of author Shari Low

Shari Low is the #1 bestselling author of over 30 novels,
including My One Month Marriage
and One Summer Sunrise and a collection of parenthood memories called Because Mummy Said So.

She lives near Glasgow.


Other stories I've read by Shari Low






No comments:

Post a Comment