Written by Mark HaysomI loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
I downloaded a free copy of this short story having read Oscar Oliver's Christmas and The Test last year and then never got around to reading it. I have very much enjoyed Haysom's stories and have one freebie still to read. And I've also added a couple of titles to my wish list.
The blurb:
The GiftA heartbreaking and beautifully told short story about the meaning of Christmas, The Gift introduces characters from Mark Haysom's stunning new novel Imagine, available now in ebook and publishing in print in December 2015.
Visit Mark's website at: http://mark-haysom.co.uk/ to read an extract from the opening of Imagine and to read about Mark's other work, including Love, Love Me Do which is available now in print and ebook.
Short Stories
Contemporary Fiction
Fiction
My thoughts:
The Gift is a short story which introduces the characters found in a novel called Love, Love me do (which I have now purchased and added to my TRB list), and also in the continuation novel Imagine.Nanna Bird has provided a Christmas for her daughter-in-law and grandchildren. We learn why the Nanna Bird is looking after the young family and that every day is a struggle. When Nanna Bird is asked to tell the grandchildren a story, she relates a story about her own parents first Christmas.
It's a quick and easy read which I absolutely loved.
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | https://mark-haysom.co.uk/ |


No comments:
Post a Comment