Sunday, 2 March 2025

Four Cawing Birds
(The Twelve Wordplays of Christmas Book 4)

Written by Stephanie Dagg


An entertaining
short story
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Independently Published 18th Dec 2024
Genre Christmas Holiday Romance
Pages 46
ASIN B0DQY56XMX
I saw a Facebook post in December announcing the recent publication of Four Cawing Birds, the fourth book in the Twelve Wordplays of Christmas series by Stephanie Dagg, and hot-footed over to an online book seller to get my copy.

Book cover for the short story Four Cawing Birds by Stephanie Dagg

The blurb:

Four Cawing Birds

Everything is going well for Keira - until four cawing birds move into the attic and insist on waking her up at the crack of dawn each day. Keira isn't a morning person at all, so this is too much to bear. The crows have to go.

However, persuading the birds to move to alternative accommodation turns out to be tricky. Keira tries several different tactics, all without success. One in particular brings trouble, and a policeman, to her door.

But not all the unintended consequences in this short, light-hearted, festive romcom are bad. The four cawing birds cause mayhem and ruffle a lot of feathers, but they also bring special new friends for Keira, three of which have two and a half tails between them.

Enjoy this fourth story in the original and delightful 'Twelve Wordplays of Christmas' series.


Short Stories    Christmas Holiday Romance    Humour


My thoughts:

Having read the first three short stories in this series, I was delighted to find this new addition. I love the title, Four Cawing Birds. The titles entertain me almost as much as the stories do.

Four Cawing Birds is less 'Christmasy' than the others in this series, in that it brushes over the festive days and concentrates on the protagonist and her activities.

I had to smile as I read that each possible solution for Kiera's original problem with the early-rising crows led to a new problem of a different kind.

This is another witty and entertaining short story; quick and easy to read, with a likeable main character and a less likeable double-barrelled villian of the piece.

I thoroughly enjoyed Four Cawing Birds and look forward to the next story in this series.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN

Apple     Smashwords    


Author Bio – Stephanie Dagg
publicity shot of author Stephane Dagg with her llamas

I'm an English expat living in France, having moved here with my family in 2006 after fourteen years as an expat in Ireland. Taking on seventy-five acres with three lakes, two hovels and one cathedral-sized barn, not to mention an ever increasing menagerie of animals, has made for exciting times.

The current array of creatures ranges from alpacas to zebra finches, with pretty much everything in-between! Before we came to France all we had was a dog and two chickens, so it's been a steep learning curve. I'm married to Chris and we have three bilingual TCKs (third culture kids) who are resilient and resourceful and generally wonderful.

I'm a traditionally-published author of many children's books, and am now self-publishing too. As well as being an author, I’m also a part-time editor and, with Chris, manager of three carp fishing lakes. My hobbies are cycling, geocaching, knitting and sewing.


Other stories I've read by Stephanie Dagg





br/>

No comments:

Post a Comment