Written by Linda GreenI loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
2025 Blog Tour #3
I've joined this blog tour rather late in the day as I had an inch to spare in my reading diary and just could not pass up the opportunity to read this book.
As always I begin by thanking Rachel at Rachel's Random Reads for the invitation to join this blog tour, and the author, Linda Green, and her publisher Boldwood Books for providing me with a free digital copy of The Woman with all the Answers to review.
As always I begin by thanking Rachel at Rachel's Random Reads for the invitation to join this blog tour, and the author, Linda Green, and her publisher Boldwood Books for providing me with a free digital copy of The Woman with all the Answers to review.
The blurb:
The Woman with All the AnswersThe brilliantly observed, witty and heart-warming new book club read from Richard & Judy bestseller Linda Green Your virtual assistant is about to become your midlife mentor…
Fifty-two-year-old Michelle Banks is struggling to keep all the plates spinning. She’s a perimenopausal district nurse, caring for elderly parents. Her husband is wasting their money on children’s TV memorabilia, her teenage daughter is riddled with anxiety and her 16-year-old son is behaving secretly.
Alexa is the only one who knows how much Michelle is juggling. Listening in via four smart speakers, she also knows that it’s about to get even worse.
So, when Michelle pleads for help, Alexa decides to go rogue and reveal her true identity as Pauline – a sixty-five-year-old former voiceover artist from Halifax – to teach Michelle everything she knows…
Women's Fiction
Book Club
My thoughts:
This is the first time I have come across Linda Green and I so enjoyed The Woman with all the Answers that I will definitely be reading more of her novels in the near future.
The Woman with all the Answers is the story of the Banks family. They have an Alexa - a voice-activated virtual assistant that helps individuals to manage their lives. Intriguingly we learn, in this story, that behind every Alexa is a real person. The Banks' Alexa rather than the artificial intelligence we are led to believe 'she' is, is actually a woman from Halifax called Pauline, and she can hear their voices through the various smart speakers around the house and see the family through webcams on their phones, laptops, the doorbell etc...
The story is told from the points of view of Pauline, the family's Alexa and Michelle Banks, the perimenopausal, stretched-to-breaking point wife of Marc, and mother of two problematic teenagers. Michelle needs help, a lot of it! And Pauline, along with her wealth of online contacts, provides the support and direction that Michelle needs to sort herself out.
I thought The Woman with all the Answers was a unique and interesting story, written with humour, often the sarky kind that I so enjoy, and compassion. I found the characters to be sympathetic and relatable, and the situations they found themselves in felt real and quite plausible. I loved the ending, which I'd been hoping for throughout the story. It was uplifting and felt more like a new beginning than an ending.
The Woman with all the Answers was an absolute delight to read and I would whole-heartedly recommend it to readers, particularly those who enjoy humorous women's fiction.
| Author Bio – Linda Green |
|---|
|
Linda Green is the million copy Sunday Times bestselling author of eleven novels including The Last Thing She Told Me. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| @lindagreenbooks | |
| Facebook Author Page | @LindaGreenAuthor |
| X | @lindagreenisms |



No comments:
Post a Comment