Written by Clare Bailey Mosley, Kathryn Bruton, and
|
| Published by | Short Books (29 Dec. 2022) |
| Genre | Healthy Eating, Recipes, Mediterranean Food & Weight Control Nutrition Drink |
| Pages | 256 |
| ASIN | B0BH58VFFX |
| ISBN-10 | 1780725132 |
| ISBN-13 | 978-1780725130 |
Last summer I changed my diet for health reasons. I have tried to follow a Paleo Ketogenic diet after reading Dr Sarah Myhill's book. It hasn't been easy cutting out various food groups which I had always believed to be 'staple' and 'healthy' ingredients in my diet, and I'd been struggling to provide myself with a good variety of meals using the ingredients which are available to me.
I was given a copy of The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book as a gift and having read through the recipes I have started to cook the meals which most appeal to me. To keep with the paleo aspect of my diet, I have replaced dairy ingredients with non dairy alternatives and omitted the ingredients that I could not easily substitute, and so far the meals have been most enjoyable.
I was given a copy of The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book as a gift and having read through the recipes I have started to cook the meals which most appeal to me. To keep with the paleo aspect of my diet, I have replaced dairy ingredients with non dairy alternatives and omitted the ingredients that I could not easily substitute, and so far the meals have been most enjoyable.
The blurb:
The Fast 800 Keto Recipe BookFrom satisfying savoury dishes to indulgent treats, the meals are quick and simple to make, and rich in protein, fibre and essential nutrients. There are four weeks of menu plans - with options for intermittent fasting - plus an index by calories, and lots of advice and tips to help keep you motivated and reach your goals.
Whether you are embarking on an intensive weight-loss programme to bring your blood pressure, blood sugars and cholesterol down, or you simply want to get in better shape, physically and mentally, The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book will inspire you to embrace a whole new way of eating.
Recipe Book
Healthy eating
Weight control nutrition
My thoughts:
The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book is ideal for me. Having tried a few recipes I feel more confident in cooking keto meals. The recipes are very easy to follow and have produced some tasty results. There is a great recipe for kedgeree using cauliflower rice, something I'd not attempted previously as I'd assumed it would go mushy. I replaced the dairy milk with coconut milk and the meal was excellent. The Goan prawn curry with spinach is also another favourite - I leave out the stock cube and add a little arrowroot as a thickener. Today I tried the cauli-rice risotto with chicken asparagus and tarragon and although, for me, there was quite a bit of prep needed, I will definitely cook that again.
I found the keto-fried chicken is an excellent replacement for chicken nuggets. and the baked eggs in peppers - again replacing dairy cheese with a vegan option - is ideal for a picnic lunch.
The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book has given me lots of ideas for extending my menu and the confidence to try something new.

No comments:
Post a Comment