Written by Cindy Ray Hale⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
| ||||||||||
I've had this short story languishing in my TBR pile since March 2018. I believe I got a free copy through Instafreebie when I first started reading digital books. I downloaded it as an introduction to Indie Author Cindy Ray Hale's other works.
So, I begin by thanking Cindy Rae Hale and Instafreebie for the free digial copy of How to Begin Again and offer my thoughts below.
So, I begin by thanking Cindy Rae Hale and Instafreebie for the free digial copy of How to Begin Again and offer my thoughts below.
The blurb:
How to Begin Again: A Hannah Miller Short StoryHannah Miller is stuck in the past. Although she hasn’t told a soul, she can’t stop thinking about her ex-boyfriend, Colin, the guy who pulled her into a lot of trouble at her old school.
She’s working hard to move on with a fresh start. Her parents sent her to a private school to reform her and she loves the new friends she made there, but that hasn’t stopped her from secretly looking up romantic pictures of her with Colin.
Despite her best efforts, she can’t let go.
But all she has to do is look out her bedroom window, which looks straight into the bedroom of Evan Bellingham, the hottie who goes to her new school.
But when he invites her over and surprises her with the song he’d written for her, she begins to wonder if he’s the key to helping her learn how to begin again.
Short Stories
Young Adult
Clean Romance
My thoughts:
Initially I thought this short story was worthy of 3 stars but then I thought about why I was giving it that score and decided it was better than I'd first thought.
This short story is incredibly short, but following on are the first two chapters of Destiny, Book One in the Destiny Trilogy.
I am reading out of my comfort zone when reading YA. I tend to forget that the story is aimed at a younger reader - much younger - and therefore may not appeal directly to me. I do, however, think that this story will appeal to the YA audience, especially the younger end of that deomgraphic.
I liked that there is a religious aspect to this series and that it would be a 'clean romance'.
At the end of the story I did feel that I wanted to find out more about the various teens who had been introduced, and am therefore enticed into reading the series, which afterall is the aim of this story.


No comments:
Post a Comment