Friday, 27 June 2025

The Proposal
A Perfect Match Series Book 1

20 Books of Summer 2025 reading challenge logo

Written by Lily Zante


Enjoyable
Quick Read
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Silver Rae Press 12 Jan. 2014
Genre Contemmporary Romance Fiction
Pages 172
ASIN B00ARFOGQ2
ISBN-101914467558
ISBN-13978-1914467554
I downloaded a free copy of The Proposal from Instafreebie back in April 2018 at the same time as I downloaded Honeymoon for One by the same author, Lily Zante. I managed to read the latter during the #20BooksOfSummer reading challenge in 2020 and this one has become lost in the huge pile of books I have now accumulated.

So with grateful thanks to Lily Zante for a free copy of her book to review, I finally made time to read
The Proposal.

The blurb:

Book cover for the novel The Proposal by Lily Zante
The Proposal (A Perfect Match Series Book 1)

One high-flying corporate executive.
One sexy, struggling stripper.
It's a perfect match.

A hardworking corporate executive with no time for romance comes unstuck when she needs a fake boyfriend for her company's marketing convention. Who better to ask than the sexy young stripper who made an impression on her at her sister's bachelorette party?

But Ethan Adams is something else. Not only is he five years younger than Nadine, and as sexy as sin, he's her exact opposite.
Nadine likes to work hard. Ethan likes to work out.
She sets goals. He sets hearts on fire.

She only needs him for one weekend.
Just one weekend, for an overnight stay at a hotel.
What could go wrong?


Fiction    Romance    Contemporary Romance


My thoughts:

I was in the mood for something quick and easy to read to help me achieve my 20 books target for the 20BooksOfSummer challenge. The Proposal ticked those boxes. I can see by the number of covers that I found online that this book has undergone a number of changes since it was first published. The version that I downloaded is marked as the 3rd Edition.

I thought this story was better than Honeymoon For One, hence the higher rating. I enjoyed Ms Zante's writing style and the story kept me entertained throughout. Nadine and Ethan's story comes to a natural and satisfying conclusion. However, at the end of this book there is an excerpt from the second book in the series Heart Sync which continues on from this story. Having taken a thorough dislike to Nadine's boss, Sandra Donnelly, I've added Heart Sync to my wish list to see how her story progresses.

For those times when you want something none too taxing, with likeable characters and a happy ending, this is ideal.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN





Other stories I've read by Lily Zante




No comments:

Post a Comment