Sunday, 13 July 2025

A Song to the Sea

Logo for the 20 books of summer 2025 reading challenge

Written by Mark Haysom


Intriguing
Tale
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Piatkus 27 Feb. 2015
Genre Contemporary Fiction
Pages 32
ASIN B00TE2YFVK
ISBN-13978-0349409979
I downloaded a free copy of this book in June 2024 having read Oscar Oliver's Christmas and it sunk almost immediately to the bottom of my TBR pile. Looking for short stories for the #20BooksOfSummer 2025 Reading Challenge I am delighted to have rediscovered it.

As always, a big thank you goes out to Mark Haysom, the author, who has provided the free copy and my review follows.

Book cover for the novel A Song to the Sea by Mark Haysom

The blurb:

A Song to the Sea

A beautiful and heartfelt short story for every mother and every daughter, featuring a character from Mark Haysom's fabulous new novel, Imagine.

Short Stories    Contemporary Fiction   


My thoughts:

I enjoyed this short story which is about the relationship between a mother and daughter.

I wasn't sure where this story was taking me until the end when Clarrie asks and answers the all-important question.

My interest was piqued by this free, quick read, so I have added Imagine, to my wishlist.



Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN





Other stories I've read by Mark Haysom




No comments:

Post a Comment