Written by Mark Haysom
Highly
|
| Published by | Piatkus Apr. 2015 |
| Genre | Contemporary Fiction |
| Pages | 40 |
| ASIN | B00VJMO8CY |
| ISBN-13 | 978-0349409986 |
In June 2024, amongst other titles, I downloaded a free copy of Close Your Eyes and Count to Three after I had read and thoroughly enjoyed Oscar Oliver's Christmas.
Since then, I have managed to read The Test and The Gift, but I've only just rediscovered this one and still have A Song to the Sea to read. I rather feel that there will be a book swap coming along on my #20BooksOfSummer2025 reading challnge list!
Since then, I have managed to read The Test and The Gift, but I've only just rediscovered this one and still have A Song to the Sea to read. I rather feel that there will be a book swap coming along on my #20BooksOfSummer2025 reading challnge list!
The blurb:
Close Your Eyes and Count to ThreeA story about fathers and sons and the gulf that can divide them, featuring the little boy Baxter, a character we all fell in love with in Love, Love Me Do.
Short Stories
Contemporary Fiction
My thoughts:
I have not read Love, Love Me Do which the blurb says it is where the reader first meets Baxter Bird, the little boy in this short story. And that is something I will correct as soon as possible, because I thoroughly enjoyed this emotionally charged quick read.
Close Your Eyes and Count to Three tells us about the fear that exists in the Bird household due to the father's behaviour. I found myself feeling great sympathy for Christie Bird and her young children whilst at the same time such distaste for Truman that I hoped that something would happen to him that would free the family from him.
This is a heart-wrenching read that left me wanting more, and one that I would highly recommend.


No comments:
Post a Comment