Written by Florence Keeling
Hooked from
|
| Published by | Independently Published 2nd Feb. 2023 |
| Genre | RomCom |
| Pages | 279 |
| ASIN | B0BRJS6XJ7 |
| ISBN-13 | 979-8375730059 |
I very much enjoyed Ms Keeling's time-travel romance Reflected Destinies in September 2018 so was quick to sign up for this tour. I begin by thanking Rachel for bringing this title to my attention and an invitation to join the tour, and Florence Keeling for providing a free digital copy of her romantic comedy Love, Lies and Family Ties to review.
The blurb:
Love, Lies and Family TiesA heartwarming, feel good romantic comedy. ‘I absolutely adored this book. It gave me all the feels! A charming read full of warmth and heart.’ ***** Kim the Bookworm
Bea Winters is in desperate need of a fresh start. Being bullied at work is not her idea of fun and she longs to follow her dream of becoming a published author. When an advert appears in her local paper to work in a publishing house in the sleepy village of Bloomsdale, it sounds too good to be true.
She strikes up an instant friendship with gorgeous aspiring author, Eddie Richards and her dashing millionaire boss Scott Summers. But all isn’t as it seems in the sleepy village of Bloomsdale.
How does the local clairvoyant know her name? Who does the little black dog that keeps appearing belong to and why does she keep bumping into the mysterious Charlie?
As she starts to unravel the truth, it seems that everyone in Bea’s life is keeping secrets.
An uplifting romantic comedy that will warm your heart – perfect for fans of Cathy Bramley, Milly Johnson and Carole Matthews.
I was heavily invested in this story before I'd finished the first chapter. Bea's character is immediately likeable whilst her senior work colleague, Maureen, is completely the opposite. Maureen's profoundly unresonable attitude and behaviour towards Bea intrigued me; their boss, Mrs White, not even listening to Bea's side of things made me all the more curious. Had Bea done something to offend these two older women or was it some sort of professional jealousy I asked myself.
When it seems things cannot get any worse, Bea's mother arrives at Bea's flat with her new boyfriend expecting to stay. Bea has so much to contend with, however, an opportunity to relocate presents itself and she decides to take it.
Moving to the village of Bloomsdale, Bea is 'channelled' into living on a barge. Love, Lies and Family Ties recounts how Bea starts anew with her job, making friends and finding her path in life.
I loved the spiritualism thread which runs throughout this story. I am a firm believer in guardian angels, things happening for a reason and being where you are supposed to be in life, so this, in particular, appealed to me.
Reaching the end of Love, Lies and Family Ties I felt hugely satisfied as there is a happy ending and all the threads are neatly tied off.
I think that Love, Lies and Family Ties will particularly appeal to readers who enjoy well-crafted Women's Fiction or a Contemporary Romance novel. I would not hesitate to recommend this novel, and look forward to reading more by this author.
| Author Bio – Florence Keeling |
|---|
|
I was born in Coventry but now live in Nuneaton. I married the love of my life over 20 years ago and we have two almost grown up children. We share our lives with two mad dogs as well. Writing is a great passion of mine, that one day I hope to be able to turn into a career but until that day comes, I will continue working in accounts and payroll. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| X | @KeelingFlorence |




No comments:
Post a Comment