Written by Margaret Amatt
|
The blurb:
Love Match on the Road HomeAfter tennis star Georgie Porter retires at just thirty-one, she buys a campervan and returns to her hometown of Glenbriar, hoping to make amends for the hurts she caused to a former sweetheart. But instead of finding the man whose heart she broke many years ago, she comes face to face with his younger brother, Kerr.
Easy-going and quietly loyal, high school teacher Kerr Halley has strong opinions about Georgie Porter – and there are rules about interacting with your brother’s ex, no matter how long ago she split with him. Especially when Kerr has always secretly carried a torch for her.
When they’re thrown together to fundraise for a local sports project, old grudges begin to thaw, and Kerr’s true feelings come to light.
As Georgie rediscovers the charm of small-town living, she’s drawn to Kerr’s warmth, his wit, and the way he sees the woman she is now – not just the girl she used to be. But falling for him means confronting her past... and risking fresh heartache within a family she’s already hurt.
In a town where history runs deep and people have long memories, Kerr’s loyalties are tested – and Georgie must decide if she’s brave enough to play for love, and not just for victory.
Q1. What inspired you to write the Glenbriar series?
I had already written most of my first series (Scottish Island Escapes) when I decided to write the Glenbriar Series. The first series was set on a real-life island and I wanted to keep a similar vibe for my new series, only based in a mainland town. I decided instead of making the town a real place, to invent my own. That way I could invent whatever I wanted! Once I had the place in mind, I started coming up with stories.
Q2. Who is your favourite character in Love Match on the Road Home and why?
I love Georgie because she’s had a really interesting life as a tennis player, but now her career is over, she’s a little lost. It was fun exploring her character and how she wants to move on but isn’t always sure how best to do it.
Q3. What was the first story you had published?
A Winter Haven was the first book I had published in 2021, but it isn’t the first book I ever wrote! I wrote a few before that, including An Autumn Hideaway, which was my fourth book, and A Classy Affair in the Country, which was my twentieth! It took a long time to get that one out, and when it was published last year, it was very different from the version I originally wrote!
Q4. What do you like to do when you're not planning or writing your next novel?
I like art and drawing, so I often do that to relax. I also like photography, walking, and planning holidays!
Q5. Do your books always go the way you plan them?
Not at all! In fact only this morning I was looking through an old notebook for something and came across a plan I’d written for one of the books and it was completely different from the finished product!
Q6. Do you have a specific routine for writing? Is there a special place or particular tool you use?
I like to write when it’s quiet, so I tend to write during the week when everyone else is at work or school! Sometimes I write at my desk, though I’m just as happy on the sofa with my laptop—especially if I’m writing a cosy section! Occasionally, if I’m feeling energetic, I write at my standing desk while walking on the treadmill—it helps to keep me active!
Q7. Five things the readers don’t know about you…
- I like pineapple on pizza
- I write poetry
- I’m a computer nerd
- I love driving
- I’m the oldest sibling
| Author Bio – Margaret Amatt |
|---|
|
Margaret Amatt is a bestselling Scottish author, professional daydreamer, and certified chocolate addict. She’s been making up stories for as long as she can remember – some of them even made it onto paper (and, tragically, onto floppy disks that no computer can read anymore). After two decades of writing in secret, she finally unleashed her first novel on the world in 2021, kicking off a ten-book series set on the stunning Isle of Mull. But why stop there? She’s also the creator of The Glenbriar Series, where romance, small-town drama, and a pinch of spice keep readers coming back for more. This series is still going strong, with more books planned! Margaret has spent her whole life in Scotland’s breath-taking Highland Perthshire, despite her entire extended family coming from the Glasgow area. Her books are romantic and emotional, sweet and funny, and each one can be read as a standalone, but long-time readers know the joy of familiar faces popping up, adding to the chaos. So, if you love relatable characters, sizzling chemistry, and plenty of banter, you’re in the right place – just don’t blame Margaret when you stay up way too late reading just one more chapter. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | https://www.margaretamatt.com/ |
| https://www.instagram.com/margaret_amatt_author | |
| Facebook Author Page | https://www.facebook.com/MargaretAmattAuthor |
| X | https://twitter.com/AmattAuthor |
| Ko-Fi.com | https://ko-fi.com/margaretamattauthor |




Thank you for having me!
ReplyDelete😊
Delete