Written by Betty Walker⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
Having fallen in love with the Cornish Girls I jumped at the chance to review the last one in the series and had originally planned to read it during te #20BooksOfSummer2025 reading challenge. As I failed to get to it then, I made a note not to let it fall by the wayside, as this what so often happens with titles on my TBR list.
My thanks to the author, Betty Walker, her publisher, Avon and Netgalley for providing me with a digital copy of Brighter Days for the Cornish Girls to review.
The blurb:
Brighter Days for the Cornish GirlsThe brand-new heartwarming instalment in the Cornish Girls saga series from the RNA Romantic Saga of the Year nominee, perfect for fans of Ginny Bell and Elaine Everest
The world is at peace at last, is it time for the Cornish Girls to love again?
Cornwall, 1947.
Tragedy strikes the village and Sheila is determined to help those who are suffering. Sheila is determined to help those who are suffering and soon finds herself seeking out new ways to make a difference. But when her long-term beau proposes, she faces a dilemma: can she give up her new purpose in life?
Land Girl Caroline throws herself into her work after her close friend Selina leaves the farm, and finds solace in new friendships. But when a new arrival comes to the farm, she can’t deny the attraction that springs up between them. Will she find the courage to follow her heart?
Meanwhile, Selina is adjusting to life on Bodmin Moor. Between helping her late sister's children to navigate their grief and learning to cook, she finds unexpected companionship with William, the family solicitor. And she begins to imagine a future filled with happiness…
The Cornish Girls are ready for the bright promise of peacetime – but are they ready to open their hearts?
Brighter Days for the Cornish Girls ties up all the loose ends but the storyline did not hold my attention like the other stories in this series. I did initially think it may be because my personal preference is for WWII stories, and we are just outside that timeframe in this one. On reflection though, I decided that I missed the characters I'd come to love in the earlier stories and felt too much of the story was focused on Caroline with what I considered to be a less than plausible plotline.
I did, however, enjoy learning through the story about the severe winter of 1946–1947 where thousands of homes were cut off by snowdrifts and had to have supplies flown in by helicopter as roads were impassible.
| Author Bio – Betty Walker |
|---|
|
Betty Walker lives in Cornwall with her large family, where she enjoys gardening and coastal walks. She loves discovering curious historical facts, and devotes much time to investigating her family tree. She also writes bestselling contemporary thrillers as Jane Holland. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| X | @janeholland1 |
| Web site | https://janehollandthrillers.com/ |
| Jane Holland | |
| Goodreads | Jane Holland |
| Facebook Author Page | Jane Holland Author |
| https://www.instagram.com/jane_hollandwriter/ | |



No comments:
Post a Comment