Saturday, 15 November 2025

The Great Summer Sewing Bee


Against the flow logo indicating this story is a short story

Written by Alex Brown


⭐ ⭐


Published by    HarperCollins 5 Jun. 2019
Genre Contemporary short story
Pages 93
ASIN B00ZK2NA2S
In June 2019 I downloaded a free copy of The Great Summer Sewing Bee, drawn in by the blurb and attractive cover.

Book cover for the novel The Great Summer Sewing Bee by Alex Brown

The blurb:

The Great Summer Sewing Bee

Cher, the landlady of the Duck & Puddle pub in the picturesque village of Tindledale is getting married to her fiancĂ©, Clive, aka Sonny. When disaster strikes, threatening to ruin Cher’s wedding, her best friend, Sybil comes up with a plan. Can the villagers and the sew solid crew from Hettie’s House of Haberdashery and their Singer sewing machines save the big day to give Cher her perfect, country wedding?



Contemporary Story    Short Story    Fiction


My thoughts:

The Great Summer Sewing Bee is by a new-to-me author Alex Brown. I started this in April 2024 but unfortunately I struggled to get into this story; it just did not pull me in. I left it for a while and came back to it thinking I hadn't been in the mood for that kind of story when I originally started it, but very quickly decided it just wasn't for me.

I did manage to finish the story but did not bother with the extract from A Postcard from Italy.

Edited 8th February 2026 I opened my kindle app and it opened halfway through The Great Summer Sewing Bee. Not realising I'd started a new story, A Postcard from Italy, I carried on reading and was really enjoying it when it stopped leaving me wanting more. I've now added A Postcard from Italy to mu wish list.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN




No comments:

Post a Comment