Written by Linh Le James
Prequel
|
| Published by | Independently Published May 17, 2020 |
| Genre | Short story, humour |
| Pages | 60 |
| ISBN-10 | 170060192X |
| ISBN-13 | 978-1700601926 |
I acquired a digital copy of #Lola in May 2020 having read #Toots and just before reading #SkinAndBlisters. It was a free digital download at the time of purchase, for which I thank Linh Le James, the author.
At time of writing, none of Ms Le James books are available to purchase.
The blurb:
#Lola#LOLA: A SHORT STORY.
Chick-lit at its best!
A hilarious British novelette with laugh out loud moments, too many cocktails and very bad decisions.
Lola is Emily's best friend, side-kick, and love guru.
Tonight is Emily's birthday.
The girls are hitting the town to celebrate in style.
Everything goes wrong.
Can Lola save the day?
#Lola is a standalone SHORT STORY.
It introduces Lola and the four Davies sisters, Jess, Louise, Carla and Emily from the novel #Toots.
I downloaded a free digital copy of #Lola as I had really enjoyed #Toots and was excitedly awaiting #SkinAndBlisters, the next book in the series. However, #Lola fell between the gaps and only came to light while I was looking for quick reads for the #20BOS26 reading challenge. As soon as I saw it, I remembered how much I'd enjoyed Ms Le James books and added #Lola to my reading list.
As a prequel, #Lola provides information about the early years not found in #Toots. I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting more comedy and drama, something similar to the books I had already read in this series. Perhaps because it is a short story, it felt like it was only just getting going, when it ended abruptly - obviously the hook to lure readers in to buying #Toots.
Would I buy #Toots based on reading #Lola first? I think I probably would as I would have been curious to find out whether the ladies survived their girls night out.
| Author Bio – Linh Le James |
|---|
Linh is Vietnamese. She was born and grew up in France. After college, she moved to Southern California and lived there for a few years before settling in the UK for 15 years, first in Wales, then in Surrey. In 2018, she packed all of her shoes, her kids, hubby, and the Dog and moved to the UAE. Storytelling is her passion since childhood. Things about her she doesn't want you to know: She forgets to pack the girls' snack and then has to run to school to deliver it. She has two alarms set on her phone for the school pick-up. She pretends to have meditation sessions in order to have a nap. Her kids eat more greens than she does. 80% of her daily water intake is made up by coffee, the rest by wine. |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Web site | http://www.linhle.co.uk/ |
| https://www.instagram.com/linhlejames/ | |
| Goodreads | Linh Le James |



No comments:
Post a Comment