Thursday, 4 June 2026

Swept Away
The Larkford Series

20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August

Written by Penny Parkes


An introduction
to the series
⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Simon & Schuster UK 9 Feb. 2017
Genre Women's Fiction, Short Story
Pages 41
ASIN B01MYPM8Q1
#20BOS26 Reading Challenge Book #3

Swept Away was a free e-book which I downloaded in December 2017 and then promptly forgot. Looking for quick reads for the #20BOS26 reading challenge, I stumbled upon it in my kindle library and was pulled in by the lovely cover.

As always, I begin by thanking the author, Penny Parkes, and her publisher Simon & Schuster UK, for a free digital copy of Swept Away.


Book cover for the novel Swept Away by Penny Parkes

The blurb:

Swept Away

The residents of Larkford are having an eventful evening! A feel-good short story for fans of Katie Fforde, Gervaise Phinn and Milly Johnson.

Swept Away is a short story based around a large country medical practice in Larkford that also features in Penny Parkes' novels Out of Practice and the forthcoming Practice Makes Perfect (June 2017). The Surgery at Larkford proves to be a hotbed of rivalry, resentment and romance - and that's just the doctors. Think James Herriot meets House.

Married mum of two and successful GP Holly Graham moved to Larkford hoping to find the peaceful life she craved. Instead she found chaos and intrigue, but also a tight-knit community full of wonderful characters who helped her through difficult times.



Short story    Women's fiction    Fiction


My thoughts:

Swept Away is a short story which at time of writing is still free to download. I downloaded a copy because the cover appealed to me and I thought a short story would help me decide whether The Larkford Series would appeal to me or not.

I would say Swept Away is an enjoyable, quick read, however, not having read the first book in The Larkford Series, I wasn't familiar with any of the characters and I felt I would have liked to have known more about Cassie Holland in particular.

More a hook to direct the reader's attention another book than a standalone story, The Larkford Series has now been added to my wish list.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon AU      Amazon IN




No comments:

Post a Comment