Written by Cathy Shuter⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
When Staff Wellbeing Programme: For Staff Working In Schools, Colleges And Residential Settings was first published, I was offered a free digital copy by the author. Having worked in educational settings, I was curious to see if I could learn something new and downloaded a copy to read 'later'. It was only searching through my kindle books the other day for my next #20BOS26 read, that I came across this one and decided to change my list. I have have added Staff Wellbeing Programme to my list but have yet to decide which title it will replace.
The blurb:
Staff Wellbeing Programme: For Staff Working In Schools, Colleges And Residential SettingsSchool, college, and residential staff perform such an important role.
If you work in any of these settings, you deserve as much support and encouragement as possible.
I have worked in schools and residential settings for my whole working life, and I know how demanding your jobs can be. That is why I have created this Staff Wellbeing Programme to help you to boost your wellbeing and thrive in life.
The Staff Wellbeing Programme: For Staff Working In Schools, Colleges And Residential Settings is primarily aimed at people working within the education sector and puts forward the idea that the roles can be challenging and overwhelming leading to exhaustion and under-performance when the person does not look after their own wellbeing first. It states that we need to look after ourselves before giving our best to others. And this does make complete sense.
The book then sets out a year-long wellbeing course to help us to "thrive rather than merely survive".
Ms Shuter has developed the WHISPERS Wheel. This breaks down our lives into 8 separate areas for us to consider and work on. She asks us to set acheiveable goals within these areas and suggests ways to work on those goals to improve our overall wellbeing. Simple examples are given and there are links to her YouTube videos supporting this course, as well as other organisations which offer help and guidance.
Although I have not had time to work through the course, I have read through the six modules and can see how this would improve an individual's wellbeing over time.
I am curious as to why the book is directed at such a limited audience. Having worked in various sectors I know that stress and exhaustion is not uncommon across the board, and even as a parent and volunteer, I have experienced both conditions. I felt this course could help anyone, in any sector, at any stage of life to regain control of their wellbeing.
I found Staff Wellbeing Programme: For Staff Working In Schools, Colleges And Residential Settings easy to read, without jargon and offering practical ways to improve my wellbeing and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to do the same.
| Author Bio – Cathy Shuter |
|---|
|
Hi, I'm Cathy and I am a writer and life coach. I have been writing ever since I was little, but my first book was published in 2015. It is called, '100 Free Ways To Happier Days!' My books help people set small, achievable goals so that they can live happier lives. I truly believe that we are all put on Earth to follow our dreams and to help make the world a better place for everyone. After having my first book published, I well and truly caught the writing bug. I write for people of all ages. Some books are works of fiction and most have a personal development theme. I live in a caravan in Kent, UK and love nothing better than being outdoors surrounded by nature. Ideas are starting to swim about in my head for my next book! |
| Social Media Links – | |
| Goodreads | Cathy Shuter |
| Cathy Shuter | |
| Trusty Life Coaching | |
| Cathy Shuter | |
| X | @CathyShuter |
| YouTube | @cathyshuter417 |
| Website | Cathy's Wellbeing Club CIC |
| Newsletter | Cathy’s Newsletter |



Staff wellbeing at school is a topic that's on the up. Working in the independent education sector, since the govt slapped VAT on fees, we're all doing so much more as we can't afford to replace staff who leave until we can get more bums on seats. The possibility of burnout is high for many.
ReplyDelete