Tuesday, 9 June 2026

Ferry Godfather
Cute Shorts #2

20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August

Written by Laurie Baxter


⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Zuzu Bailey Books 27 Oct. 2018
Genre

Ghost Paranormal Romance
Short Story
Pages 42
ASIN B07JQK117F
#20BOS26 Reading Challenge Book #5

I downloaded the Ferry Godfather in April 2020 but I have no recollection of how I came across it. The blurb certainly appeals to me and thanks to the #220BOS26 reading challenge, it has finally made it to the top of my TBR list.

I begin by thanking Laurie Baxter, the author, for the free digital copy of the Ferry Godfather which I have now read and reviewed below.


Book cover for the novel Ferry Godfather by Laurie Baxter

The blurb:

Ferry Godfather

A weekend she'd rather skip. A car making funny noises. Help that comes in an unusual form.

Tina's on a ferry boat headed for doom (a.k.a. her sister's wedding). It's not her day, but it's about to get a whole lot weirder.

Ferry Godfather is a short story.



Paranormal Ghost Romance    Short Story    Fiction


My thoughts:

Ferry Godfather is a quick read which I thought started off well and caught my interest.

I felt the ending was hurried and it left me a bit confused. The premise is interesting and I think this would make a strong basis for a much longer story.

I find that I have three more of Ms Baster's short stories on my e-reader and I will definitely be reading some of these soon.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN





Other stories I've read by Laurie Baxter




No comments:

Post a Comment