Written by Victoria Wallin⭐
|
I believe I downloaded this short story through Amazon back in February 2019. Although I cannot now find it on that platform, I did find it on Proflic Works.
I begin by thanking the author Victoria Wallin for a free digital copy of her story to review.
The blurb:
A Dog in the Manger (Part One)Trish inherits a dog from her aunt that passed away. She doesn't know anything about dogs but she'd be darned if she'd let her goody two-shoes cousin Jules sweep in and save the day, like she always did. Neat freak, work-o-holic Trish is up for quite a challenge!
A Dog in the Manger is a novella series about friendship, learning how to put someone else first, and also learning how to stand up for yourself. It's got romance, funny laugh-out-loud and heart-warming moments.
This book has been sitting in my TBR pile since 2019. It's a short story and perfect for a quick read during the 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge. The blurb suggests this short story has a plotline that would keep me entertained and put a smile on my face. The plot has great potential and I had high hopes for this book when I found it again today.
The blurb states it's got romance, funny laugh-out-loud and heartwarming moments but I honestly didn't find anything like that in this first part of what appears to be a three-book novella.
Sadly not one for me. The writing style did not appeal to me at all and, despite reading the whole story, I did not feel I wanted to continue with this series.


No comments:
Post a Comment