Saturday, 15 August 2026

Before the Garden on Holly Street:
Valentine's Day

20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August

Written by Megan Attley


I loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Orion 14 Feb. 2019
Genre Women's Short Stories
Pages 29
ASIN B07MBBCFTT
#20BOS26 Reading Challenge Book #17

I downloaded a digital copy of Before the Garden on Holly Street in April 2019 and then promptly lost track of it.

I do so love the 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge which encourages me to look at titles I've accumulated over the years but sadly forgotten. Belatedly I now thank the author, Megan Attley and her publisher, Orion, for the free copy of this short story.


Book cover for the novel Before the Garden on Holly Street: Valentine's Day by Megan Attley

The blurb:

Before the Garden on Holly Street: Valentine's Day

Get a taste of the coming series about how 'family' can come from the most unlikely of places from debut talent, Megan Attley.

It's Valentine's Day and Abby is ready to celebrate with her long-term partner, Gavin - the music is on, the wine is breathing and Abby is wearing some (uncharacteristically) sexy underwear. There's only one problem - Gavin isn't home yet. But Abby has a very good idea where he is . . .

Find out where the journeys in The Garden on Holly Street started in this free prequel to the series, before the heartwarming Part One: Spring Seedlings comes out in March.


Women's Contemporary Fiction    Short Story    Fiction


My thoughts:

Before the Garden on Holly Street: is a very short story. It's the prelude to a series of stories that I just know will appeal to me and which I have now added to my wish list.

Although only twenty-nine pages long, the writing style greatly appealed and had me hooked from the first chapter. I was immediately drawn into Ernie's story; delighted by Arthur's devotion to Julia whilst saddened by what I know is to come; and wanted to give Abby a shake to wake her up. So much emotion in such a short piece of writing!

I would definitely read more by this author.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN




Other stories I've read by Megan Attley




No comments:

Post a Comment