Written by Stella Wilkinson
Enjoyable
| ||||||||||
| Published by | Independently Published 12Dec. 2014 |
| Genre | Young Adult Seasonal Romances |
| Pages | 31 |
| ASIN | B00QZF4D70 |
For readers aged 10 - 18 years | |
I downloaded a copy of A Christmas Gift in November 2016 because the blurb interested me and it has 'Christmas' in the title. I then completely forgot about it until the 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge prompted me to look at the digital books I already have on my e-reader.
I begin by thanking the author, Stella Wilkinson, for a free digital copy of her short story to review.
The blurb:
A Christmas GiftA Young Adult Romantic Comedy
Holly and Caleb had been best friends as children, growing up on the same street, but as teenagers they couldn't be further apart. When Caleb unexpectedly asked Holly to help him pick out a Christmas gift for his girlfriend, neither of them anticipated where it would lead...
A Christmas Gift is a sweet romance, suitable for ALL ages. "Oh what it is to be young and in love! A funny, light and frothy read." Janie Oakes, Teen Reader Today.
A Christmas Gift is a clean, happy-ending, short story suitable for the older end of the intended age range. I say this as there's a bit of pushing and shoving and a full on fight which I don't think is appropriate for a 10 year old.
Personally, I enjoyed this well-written, young adult romance and would definitely read more by this author.


No comments:
Post a Comment