Written by Cora Brent⭐ ⭐
|
Snow is book number 8 of 8 in the Gentry Boys series and naturally the first I've read. I downloaded a copy in November 2018 and it became another of the forgotten titles that have been languishing in my TBR pile.
As always, I begin by thanking the author, Cora Brent, for a free digital copy of Snow which I now review.
The blurb:
Snow*Get to know those lovable alphas THE GENTRY BOYS just in time for Christmas in this sweet, sexy holiday novella!*
With December 25th fast approaching, brothers Stone and Conway Gentry have a lot more than holiday festivities to keep them busy. There’s newlywed life to adjust to, a business to run, a baby arriving any minute and to top it off, an unusual forecast of snow threatens to cover the desert for the first time in decades.
Plus when ghosts of the past threaten everything they’ve built, the brothers find their close bond and their dreams of the future tested yet again.
Luckily the rest of the loyal Gentry Boys always have their backs.
Stay tuned, because this season there may be more than one Christmas miracle on the way….
I downloaded a free copy of Snow based on the blurb, which sounded like a nice, cute clean Christmas story. It is told from the perspective of two brothers, Conway and Stonewall. It tells of the imminent birth of Conway's first child, the car repair business the brothers run together, and their family life in the days leading up to Christmas.
At the beginning, much was made about two elderly sisters with tyre trouble which made me think they would feature again later in the story, but they didn't and that scene, other than telling readers that Conway was a good guy, added nothing, and felt like padding.
Although Snow started reasonably, I wouldn't say by any means that it had me hooked, but I was following the story until the first bedroom scene took me completely out of my comfort zone. It quickly returned to the clean story I thought I was reading, but a little later there was a second similar scene, at which point I decided the Gentry Boys series was not of me.


No comments:
Post a Comment