Saturday, 8 August 2026

Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing
Pelican Crossing Book #9

Blog tour header for Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing showing tour dates 2nd to 8th August 2026

Written by Maggie Christensen


Highly
Recommended
⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐


Published by    Cala Publishing 6th Aug 2026
Genre Later in life romance, Fiction
Pages 262
ASIN B0GGLXY5NJ
ISBN-13 978-1764496100
#20BOS26 Reading Challenge Book #9


20 books of summer 2026 challenge logo aiming to achieve 20 books between 1st June and 31st August
Once again I am delighted to be among the first to read Maggie Christensen's latest Pelican Crossing story and to be part of the blog tour organised by Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources. I had it in mind that Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing would be the last title in this wonderful series but am delighted to find that a newcomer to Pelican Crossing is going to to get A Fresh Start in Pelican Crossing soon.

I begin by thanking Rachel for the invitation to join the tour and author Maggie Christensen for a free digital copy of Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing to enjoy and review.
Full tour banner showing participating bloggers and tour dates 2nd to 8th August 2026

Book cover for the novel Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing by Maggie Christensen

The blurb:

Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing

When Paige Harper arrives in Pelican Crossing to visit her ailing grandmother, she plans a short trip—just enough time to make sure her grandmother recovers before heading back to her busy city life. But when her grandmother unexpectedly passes away, Paige is hesitant to leave the small coastal town, unable to shake the pull of its quiet charm.

Bob Reed, the laid-back local vet, has settled back into his life in Pelican Crossing after spending a year at Colorado University. He is surprised when he receives an offer to apply for a permanent position at the university—a tempting opportunity to embrace a very different path. Torn between his love for the peaceful coastal life and the draw of a more structured, academic future, Bob faces a tough choice.

When Paige and Bob cross paths, they’re worlds apart—she, the city professional, and he, the easy-going surfer. But a series of unexpected encounters brings them closer, and what begins as an unlikely friendship turns into something much more.

With Bob facing a career-defining decision and Paige bound to her life in the city, they must determine if their newfound connection is strong enough to overcome the obstacles in their way. Can they find a way to be together, or will the demands of their separate lives keep them apart?

For fans of small-town romances and heartwarming stories of unexpected love.



Later in life romance    Clean Romance    Fiction


My thoughts:

I have been completely captivated by Maggie Christensen's Pelican Crossing series eversince I read book #3 A New Dawn in Pelican Crossing. I love the book covers and blurbs for this series which conjure up a close-knit, idyllic, community-minded coastal town with lots of wonderful characters whose mature romance stories I can relate to.

Finding Forever in Pelican Crossing sees local vet Bob Reed putting the past behind him and embarking on a journey with out-of-towner Paige Harper. Naturally their path to happiness is not uncomplicated, and I only correctly guessed one of the plot twists which was a key factor in keeping them apart.

I was immediately immersed in this story. The familar setting of Pelican Crossing; the expanding group of mature characters whose backstories I already know; I felt delighted to be beginning this new story. I find the warmth of the writing embraces me like an old friend arriving home after a long trip away.

My favourite character is still old Agnes, the pelican lady who makes a cameo appearance in each of the novels in the Pelican Crossing series. I love piecing together a puzzle, and Agnes has me intrigued. In this story, I gleaned a few more snippets of information with regard to her age and friendship group and feel I'm getting closer to understanding her fully.

I am reminded that I bought books #1 and #2 in this series, The Restaurant in Pelican Crossing and Secrets in Pelican Crossing, some time ago and have not yet made time to enjoy them. However, each of these stories is designed to be read as a standalone, so it matters not, in which order I read them. And I very much look forward to doing so shortly.

Highly recommended to readers who enjoy a later in life romance.




Purchase from:

Amazon UK     Amazon US     Amazon CA     Amazon AU     Amazon IN



Author Bio – Maggie Christensen
publicity shot of author Maggie Christensen

After a career in education, Maggie Christensen began writing contemporary women’s fiction portraying mature women facing life-changing situations, and historical fiction set in her native Scotland. Her travels inspire her writing, be it her trips to visit family in Scotland, in Oregon, USA or her home on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast. Maggie writes of mature heroines coming to terms with changes in their lives and the heroes worthy of them. Maggie has been called the queen of mature age fiction and her writing has been described by one reviewer as like a nice warm cup of tea. It is warm, nourishing, comforting and embracing.

From the small town in Scotland where she grew up, Maggie was lured to Australia by the call to ‘Come and teach in the sun’. Once there, she worked as a primary school teacher, university lecturer and in educational management. Now living with her husband of over thirty years on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, she loves walking on the deserted beach in the early mornings and having coffee by the river on weekends. Her days are spent surrounded by books, either reading or writing them – her idea of heaven!



Other stories I've read by Maggie Christensen






No comments:

Post a Comment