Sunday, 19 May 2019

#20BooksOfSummer Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books

The 20 Books of Summer Challenge


I have just stumbled upon this book reading challenge, designed to help reduce the old TBR list!

I know in my heart that it won’t really help because I read 3 books per week at most, and probably acquire double that through various sources each week. I keep drawing lines under things – no more blog tours until the end of the year because I’ve met my target... Then all my favourite authors have a book on tour, and I cannot resist. I have stopped browsing in the book section in charity shops... but I have just downloaded an app called Libby which will give me access to ebooks and audiobooks from my local library. I haven’t tried it out yet, but I thought it might come in handy for getting some of the books I need for the book club I’ve just joined... 
I’ve stopped entering competitions to win books. I’m not usually lucky with competitions and raffles but I have won a number of paperbacks and several ebooks this year. Not complaining! Delighted to have won them. Just wondering when I’ll get time to read all the books I’ve got now!

My TBR for Ebooks is currently 370 and I’ve also got 31 paperbacks (that I can see immediately) to get through. Nowhere nearly as bad as Cathy’s 746 starting point, although, where hers is coming down, mine is still increasing.

So, to the challenge:

The 20 Books of Summer Challenge Rules:

  • Read Cathy’s blog post, and download the appropriate Books of Summer image for your challenge.
  • The challenge runs from Monday 3 June and until Monday 3 September.
  • You decide how many books to read, either 10, 15 or 20 during this period.
  • You decide which books to read. However, this is not set in stone. You can swap a book, change your list, change your goal up or down. The idea to is have fun and reduce that TBR
  • Let Cathy know you're taking part by linking to her Master post which will appear on 3rd June.

The Hard Bit: - Which books to choose for this challenge?


Let's clear my Netgalley shelf:

  1. Debbie Viggiano - The Man You Meet in Heaven
  2. Cate Woods - More Than a Feeling
  3. Sarah Morgan - The Christmas Sisters
  4. Kate Hewitt - Cupcakes for Christmas 

Arranged Blog Tours:
  1. Rosie Green - Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Cafe Robin Bennett
  2. Robin Bennett - Space Dragons
  3. Romola Farr - Bridge to Eternity
  4. Simon Edge - A Right Royal Face-off

Ebooks
  1. Rich Amooi - Coffee, Tea or Me
  2. Rich Amooi - Happy to be Stuck with You: A Short Romantic Comedy
  3. Stephanie Dagg - Anna Partridge in a Pear Tree
  4. Stephanie Dagg - Two Myrtle Doves
  5. Yawatta Hosby - Twisted Obsession
  6. Marina Johnson - A Confusion of Murders
  7. David P Permutter - 13 - The 70's - A True Story
  8. Elise Sax - An Affair to Dismember
  9. Donna Siggers - Betrayal
  10. Stefanie Simpson - Saving Suzi
  11. Zara Stoneley - The Holiday Swap
  12. Lily Zante - Honeymoon for One

This list is very likely to change as I'll be adding at least 2 books for Book Club. I've added them all to my 20BooksOfSummer shelf on Goodreads so that I can enjoy ticking them off throughout the summer.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment