Sunday, 18 August 2019

Update 6 #20BooksOfSummer Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books

20 Books of Summer Challenge

As this challenge nears its close, I've done a quick tally, and I'm pleased with what I've achieved. I don't think that without the challenge to motivate me, I would have read as many books as I have. And I probably would have just kept adding more to my TBR list.

Since my last update, I have finished our Book Club read, Louise Candlish's Our House, which had me hooked from page 1.  I snuck in another Rich Amooi short story, and Sue Wickstead's Daisy Daydream Bus Rhymes and Jokes (although I'm not going to count this for the challenge) before picking up A Ration Book Childhood.

According to Goodreads, I've now read 14 books:
  1. Rich Amooi - Coffee, Tea or Me
  2. Robin Bennett - Space Dragons
  3. Stephanie Dagg - Anna Partridge in a Pear Tree
  4. Stephanie Dagg - Two Myrtle Doves
  5. Simon Edge - A Right Royal Face-off 
  6. Rosie Green - Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
  7. Elizabeth Jane Howard - Falling
  8. Romola Farr - Bridge to Eternity - review to be posted 27/9/19
  9. Sarah Morgan - The Christmas Sisters
  10. Clara L Molina - Confessions of a Traveler: The Observations of Alien 597 
  11. Sue Parritt - Feed thy Enemy
  12. Daniel Thompson - The Humundo Sorterium
  13. Louise Candlish - Our House
  14. Rich Amooi - Happy to be Stuck with You: A Short Romantic Comedy
That leaves 6 books to read in 16 days.

Ebooks
  1. Lucy Coleman - Magic Under the Mistletoe
  2. Jean Fullerton - A Ration Book Childhood
  3. Yawatta Hosby - Twisted Obsession
  4. Marina Johnson - A Confusion of Murders 
  5. Donna Siggers - Betrayal
  6. Stefanie Simpson - Saving Suzi


I'm almost finished A Ration Book Childhood, for which I need to write a review for publication on my blog on 5th October. 6 books might be a step too far, but even if I can get 15 titles read, I'd consider that a win!

Want to see what this challenge is all about?
Read Cathy’s blog post for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment