Wednesday, 4 September 2019

#20BooksOfSummer Challenge
The Result @Cathy746Books

20 Books of Summer Challenge: The Result

So the challenge has ended, and I have successfully read, reviewed, and removed 19 books from my TBR pile. I was 80% of the way through book 20, when the challenge ended, so overall I call that a 'Win'!

I have to admit, though, to adding 30 books over the summer, so perhaps completing the challenge isn't going to help me get my pile down...

This month I intend to be strong and not add any more. I can say that with a fair amount of confidence because October's Book Club read has already been announced and I've bought that already!

OK. Goodreads shows my #20BooksOfSummer completed reads as:

  1. Rich Amooi - Coffee, Tea or Me
  2. Rich Amooi - Happy to be Stuck with You: A Short Romantic Comedy
  3. Robin Bennett - Space Dragons
  4. Louise Candlish - Our House
  5. Lucy Coleman - Magic Under the Mistletoe - review to be posted 25/11/19
  6. Stephanie Dagg - Anna Partridge in a Pear Tree
  7. Stephanie Dagg - Two Myrtle Doves
  8. Simon Edge - A Right Royal Face-off
  9. Romola Farr - Bridge to Eternity - review to be posted 27/9/19
  10. Jean Fullerton - A Ration Book Childhood - review to be posted 5/10/19
  11. Rosie Green - Confetti at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
  12. Yawatta Hosby - Twisted Obsession
  13. Elizabeth Jane Howard - Falling
  14. Marina Johnson - A Confusion of Murders 
  15. Clara L Molina - Confessions of a Traveler: The Observations of Alien 597
  16. Sarah Morgan - The Christmas Sisters 
  17. Sue Parritt - Feed thy Enemy 
  18. Daniel Thompson - The Humundo Sorterium
  19. Sue Wickstead - Daisy Daydream The Nursery Rhyme Bus - review to be posted 9/9/19

I am almost finished Jean Fullerton'The Rector's Daughter and the review for that will be posted on my blog on 8/11/19.

However, this wasn't the original list. I've had to swap out titles to accommodate Book Club and Blog Tour reads that I had to read within certain time scales. What happened to those titles, you ask?

There are 9 books which got put back in the pile. They are:


  1. Debbie Viggiano - The Man You Meet in Heaven
  2. Cate Woods - More Than a Feeling
  3. Kate Hewitt - Cupcakes for Christmas 
  4. Elise Sax - An Affair to Dismember
  5. Donna Siggers - Betrayal
  6. Stefanie Simpson - Saving Suzi
  7. Zara Stoneley - The Holiday Swap
  8. Lily Zante - Honeymoon for One 
  9. David P Permutter 13 - The 70's - A True Story
I now plan to read these by the end of March 2020, starting with The Holiday Swap. That might sound like a generous time in which to complete this task, but I've a full bookshelf up to the end of the year as well.

And finally, a big thank you to @Cathy746Books for setting the challenge. It motivated me to read some of those books I've had a while, and never quite get around to! 

Looking forward to doing this again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment