Friday, 31 July 2020

#20booksofsummer20 Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books Update 3

The 20 Books of Summer 2020 Challenge


Last year I stumbled upon this extremely flexible, annual book reading challenge, designed to make a small dint in the number of books on our TBR lists.

The idea is to read, and therefore remove, a given number of books from your reading list during the summer months. 


This year, the challenge runs from Monday 1 June to Tuesday 1 September.


You decide how many and which books you read. Make up your list today, but swap books in or out as you like. Commit to read 20, 15 or 10 books, but you are free to reduce or increase that number as the mood takes you.


It's not too late to join in the fun. For more information, and to sign up to this brilliant challenge, check out 

Cathy's blog 746 Books

This year I have committed to 20 Books. In June I read 8 books and this month I've managed to read 6. Although I am edging closer to the 20 books target, I am also adding books to my TBR pile. This month I have added Georgia Toffolo's Meet Me In London, and Jenny O'Brien's Silent Cry, which I nominated for my Book Club this month.

  1. The Dinner - Herman Koch
  2. Space Hopper - Helen Fisher
  3. Summer in Provence - Lucy Coleman
  4. Missing in Wales (republished 17/4/20 as Silent Cry) - Jenny O'Brien
  5. Piccalilly - Samantha Henthorn
  6. Darkest Night - Jenny O'Brien
  7. How to Write a Simple Book Review by Allyson R. Abbott 
  8. What We Did During Lockdown -  Samantha Henthorn, Alex Cavanagh, Leah Leanne Wood, Shaylah Wilkinson & Claire Kingsley
  9. Honeymoon For One - Lily Zante
  10. Warlight - Michael Ondaajte
  11. The Hive - Jane Holland 
  12. Gloria The Summer Fun Bus - Sue Wickstead
  13. Past Marriageable Age - Sudesna Ghosh
  14. The Two Lives of Maddie Meadows - Sharley Scott (review to follow)




Still on my 20 Books Of Summer Reading List are:


  1. Hunter's Blood - Val Penny
  2. A Degree of Uncertainty - Nicola K Smith
  3. A Christmas Hamster - Stephanie Dagg
  4. I Temporarily do - Ellie Cahill 
  5. Boot Camp Bride - Lizzie Lamb
  6. Fat Girl Slim - Marina Johnson
  7. Bewbush Playbus - Sue Wickstead
  8. Clara at Christmas - Lacey London
  9. Betrayal - Donna Siggers
  10. Saving Suzy - Stefanie Simpson
  11. The Holiday Swap - Zara Stoneley
  12. An Affair the Dismember - Elise Sax
  13. The Wedding Caper - Laura Briggs
  14. Silent Cry - Jenny O'Brien
  15. Urban Legends - Yawatta Hosby
  16. (ARC) Wartime with the Cornish Girls - Betty Walker
  17. (ARC) Meet me in London - Georgia Toffolo


And don't forget, you can follow the progress of those taking part, using this year's #20booksofsummer20 hashtag.

No comments:

Post a Comment