Written by Stephanie DaggI loved it! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
|
After many months without wanting to read, I was delighted to find that Stephanie Dagg had written the next story in her Twelve Wordplays of Christmas series. I was doubly delighted that she was offering free downloads of a number of her books, including this one, on Smashwords.com. Naturally I took full advantage of her gift and have just finished this short story.
The blurb:
On the third day of Christmas, three French men bump into each other on their way to pay a surprise visit to their girlfriends in a tiny English village.
It's a long, tiring journey for each of them - gentle Goth Adrien, boho Matisse and uber-rich Jules.
It's not helped by the weather taking a turn for the worse, but worst of all is when they discover that they all seem to be in love with the same girl. But which is she - Izzy, Anna or Lou?
And which of the three men will she choose?
This is a fun and festive short story in the Twelve Wordplays of Christmas series.
Short Stories
Romance
Humour
My thoughts:
Having previously read Anna Partridge in a Pear Tree and Two Myrtle Doves, I was very much looking forward to reading this story.This is book 3 in the Twelve Wordplays of Christmas series which has been delighting me for a while now. I am dying to know the other nine titles - I find the titles as much fun as reading these short stories.
Three French Men is the story of three love-lorn French men, Jules, Adrien and Matisse, making a surprise visit to their English girlfriends during the Christmas holidays.
The three men set off separately on their journeys, heading to the same remote village in England. None of them have warned their girlfriends that they are coming. Each wants their arrival to be a big surprise.
When finally the men have to travel together on the last leg of the journey, they converse and discover that they are all going to the same address, and from the looks of things, to meet the same girl. Each is shocked but secretly hopes he will be the one she chooses.
This is another great little story which made me smile quite a lot. I particularly enjoyed the cockney homeless man talking to Adrien and Matisse, using and barely explaining his confusing regional dialect. And just when I thought I knew what was going on, there was one final twist in the tale which had me wondering which of the three was going to get the girl.
Another cleverly written story which had me glued to the page and smiling at the antics of the three men in search of love.

No comments:
Post a Comment