Written by Rhoda BaxterI loved it! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
|
I have had this in my TBR pile since September 2018, and thanks to the #20BooksOfSummer2025 reading challenge, it has finally surfaced.
In October 2018 I read and enjoyed Belonging and knew then that I wanted to read more of Ms Baxter's stories. I found that a few of her stories were free to download so I grabbed them, but that is as far as I got until I had to select some short stories for this reading challenge.
A big and belated thank you to the author, Rhoda Baxter, for this free digial copy of her novella to review.
In October 2018 I read and enjoyed Belonging and knew then that I wanted to read more of Ms Baxter's stories. I found that a few of her stories were free to download so I grabbed them, but that is as far as I got until I had to select some short stories for this reading challenge.
A big and belated thank you to the author, Rhoda Baxter, for this free digial copy of her novella to review.
The blurb:
Girl at ChristmasChristmas, Chemistry, and a Love That Can't Wait.
Tammy's Christmas is in chaos – a sudden breakup leaves her heartbroken. But amidst the festive flurry, she finds solace in Lawrence, her loyal friend. What she doesn't know is that he's battling his own secret, a heart condition that makes every moment precious.
Lawrence has loved Tammy for years, but time is running out. Will he risk everything to tell her how he feels before it's too late?
Short Stories
Fiction
My thoughts:
I loved this short story. It grabbed my attention from the first few lines. I found Tammy a very likeble character and could easily picture her. Lawrence is also very likeable and I was rooting for them from the start.
Ms Baxter's short story Girl at Christmas captivated me. I loved the pacing, the writing style and the story-line. It ended happily and left me wanting more as I would dearly love to know how Tammy and Lawrence's story continues.
I had forgotten just how much I'd enjoyed Belonging and I have been delighted to reconnect with Ms Baxter's work. I'd highly recommend this short story to readers who enjoy women's fiction.


No comments:
Post a Comment