Saturday, 29 August 2020

#20booksofsummer20 Challenge
#Books @Cathy746Books Update 4

The 20 Books of Summer 2020 Challenge


As we approach the end of August, the challenge is drawing to a close and this is the last time I will be taking stock of how the challenge has gone for me.

The idea of this challenge is to read, and therefore remove, a given number of books from your reading list during the summer months. 


The challenge runs from Monday 1 June to Tuesday 1 September, so, as you can see, we are days from the end.


A big thank you goes out to Cathy of 746 Books, for setting up and running this challenge.


This year I committed to 20 Books. In June I read 8 books July, 6 books, and in the final month of this challenge I have read 6 books. But of course I am also still adding books to my TBR pile!


I have now read and am in the process of reviewing my twentieth book:
  1. The Dinner - Herman Koch
  2. Space Hopper - Helen Fisher
  3. Summer in Provence - Lucy Coleman
  4. Missing in Wales (republished 17/4/20 as Silent Cry) - Jenny O'Brien
  5. Piccalilly - Samantha Henthorn
  6. Darkest Night - Jenny O'Brien
  7. How to Write a Simple Book Review by Allyson R. Abbott 
  8. What We Did During Lockdown -  Samantha Henthorn, Alex Cavanagh, Leah Leanne Wood, Shaylah Wilkinson & Claire Kingsley
  9. Honeymoon For One - Lily Zante
  10. Warlight - Michael Ondaajte
  11. The Hive - Jane Holland 
  12. Gloria The Summer Fun Bus - Sue Wickstead
  13. Past Marriageable Age - Sudesna Ghosh
  14. The Two Lives of Maddie Meadows - Sharley Scott 
  15. Hunter's Blood - Val Penny
  16. (ARC) Meet me in London - Georgia Toffolo
  17. Silent Cry - Jenny O'Brien
  18. The Queen's Cat - David Rossmaur
  19. Flovely - Adventures on the Houseboat - Siegfried Freudenfels
  20. Urban Legends - Yawatta Hosby

I have had to swap out a couple of titles and read some children's books to meet the 20 books target - there are no rules that say that each book must be a tome, thankfully. 

So, I have successfully managed to reduce my TBR pile by 20 books, albeit not quite the ones I set out to read at the beginning of the challenge.

And going into September, I still have a lot of books waiting to be read, and will be concentrating on these:

  1. A Degree of Uncertainty - Nicola K Smith
  2. A Christmas Hamster - Stephanie Dagg
  3. I Temporarily do - Ellie Cahill 
  4. Boot Camp Bride - Lizzie Lamb
  5. Fat Girl Slim - Marina Johnson
  6. Bewbush Playbus - Sue Wickstead
  7. Clara at Christmas - Lacey London
  8. Betrayal - Donna Siggers
  9. Saving Suzy - Stefanie Simpson
  10. The Holiday Swap - Zara Stoneley
  11. An Affair the Dismember - Elise Sax
  12. The Wedding Caper - Laura Briggs
  13. (ARC) Wartime with the Cornish Girls - Betty Walker
  14. The World Does Not Revolve Around Curmudgeon Avenue - Samantha Henthorn
  15. #SkinAndBlisters - Linh Le James
  16.  Christmas with the Ops Room Girls - Vicky Beeby


As ever, you can check out other readers' progress on Twitter using the #20booksofsummer20 hashtag.

No comments:

Post a Comment